How To Measure For Cabinet Installation
If you like to request an estimate for cabinet installation you may use these measuring guidelines to measure for your cabinets. We highly recommend that you have one of our representatives take final measurements before ordering any cabinets.
- Begin by measuring the room from wall-to-wall. You will be recording all measurements in INCHES (ex:
110″, not 9′ 2″).
- Make a rough sketch or drawing of the shape of the room. In your sketch, please show each wall, door,
window and any protrusions or recessed areas. This plan does NOT need to be ‘to scale’. You can either print
out a grid or draw it free hand. Only accuracy counts, not talent.
- Measure each wall section and record it on the drawing. A wall section is from one corner to a door way or
window. Measure each window and door and record it on your drawing.
NOTE: windows and doors are measured from the outside edge to the outside edge of the casing or trim.
- Add up all of the dimensions on each wall and verify that the total is equal to the total wall dimension listed
on the chart. If not, re-measure.
- Locate the centerline of the sink by measuring from one corner of the wall and record this dimension on your
On a separate grid, take horizontal measurements of where the cabinets will be installed. See example below:
A. Measure the entire wall from left to right.
B. Measure from the ceiling to the floor. Please indicate if you have soffits.
C & D. Measure horizontal wall spaces between the doors, windows, wall openings, etc.
E & F. Measure vertical wall spaces above & below windows and above doors.
G. Measure from one corner of the wall to the center of the sink drain and water lines.